Thursday, January 12, 2012

In love with life

This adventure is over. Despite the fact that my fingers tremble when I write, I feel myself completely blissful and satisfied, because it couldn't have been better. The people around me are the most wonderful ones I could have ever known, and since a couple of weeks, everything helps just to magnify the situation. I am not sad, I swear. I wanted to be, but I found it almost impossible. I have too many reasons to feel full and happy today.

Recently I have read something really interesting about stages in life and how to go through them (or rather, how to escape from them without regret or tribulation). What caught specially my attention was a paragraph which mentioned that if we stick ourselves to and remain tied up to it, we miss the opportunity to enjoy the magic of every stage. Like a plot, according to Aristotle, a life stage must have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Everything in its proper place. Every obstacle taken as a deeper step into the universe of senses, and each finding as an incentive for a new search. Right now it is time to end, time to let the water flow, time to start, in harmonic release, a new phase.

The good thing of the whole topic is everything we incorporate throughout these stages. Friendship. Knowledge, understanding. A string of emotions and sensations. Mental power. Experience and satisfaction. Broken hearts, flying roofs, communication skills. The list is clearly infinite.

So, stages in life are OK. After all, that is it, just going through them. This is the reason of my joy, the beginning of a new plot. Let's start burning off photos, letters, routines. Instead of mourning and crying memories, let's go out the street and make more of them. Let's allow our lives to change. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that nothing is absolutely indispensable, only our ability to think. And to smile, surely, how could I forget it!

This means under no circumstances that the time here wasn't incredible, because actually it was. Unforgettable. Amazing. Inspiring. Touching. As well as people, friends, family. After the initial setbacks, the flavors came full-force to stay and make the whole experience just great. Some days ago I was passing by a shop on the way to school and on the window there was a small sign that read They can't take that away from me, the title of one of the most beautiful songs of George Gershwin. I had to smile just right after reading it, no way!

I should amend my recent fresh words: I'm not coming back. There's no coming back for me anymore, never again. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I don't belong to the past, simple. Each stage I lived left me so different from the previous one that it would be just unthinkable and inconceivable to go back to some situation in the past, otherwise I would have to stop being me. There is no known record of a definite explanation of life, but somehow I know I'm not running amok, I'm on the right track. No worries, as Lily says. Look at it, I'm raising my glass. See you at the next stop.

No comments: