Monday, March 21, 2011

All in good time

When I was a child I used to ask myself if a stone thrown into the river would reach one day the sea. I also thought about what I would be when the time passed. Both questions had no answer. Later I realised there are no answers just because we don't need them. In fact I learned to wait. I learned to see everything in its right place. Everyday is an opportunity to go out and face the wind. Some dreams come true, all in good time.

Someone once told me to be careful what I wished for, because I could get it someday, and that would be only my own responsibility. I know now that where there is a will, there's a way, no matter the tools you have available. Nevertheless, nobody will come and bring down the stars of heaven for me. I am now responsible for my decisions, for my choices. I am responsible for solving my problems or learning to live with those I cannot solve (and that is the hardest part of the issue). Now I am in such a mission to find the pleasure in daily activities, just because I am going to spend most of my life in daily activities, and I won't waste the week time only to live at weekends. Why do I have to wait for the weekend to feel alive? What about all the time we spend during the weeks? Why wouldn't I not seize the day? Accidentally I return to the same subject as always... Will I be finding the meaning of life?

Today I can recognize that the first days here were really tough. I found myself in the middle of a confused world, listening to stuff that I was unable to understand, walking in wholly unfamiliar places, and feeling that my deepest and loved mores were uprooted. Notwithstanding, Rome wasn't built in a day. The thing started to change when I accepted that if I was in Rome, I had to do just what Romans do. And little by little I started to feel better and in symbiosis with the society around me. In the end, the sun always rises again everyday, and the moon shines equally everywhere.

So, as the saying goes, well begun is half done. I have now to complete the other half of the job. It will take the whole year... but luckily I am not alone: I can say I am in family... and that is what most strengthens me.

1 comment:

Maria Emilia said...

To turn on the computer and read the latest news from you is what I've been doing first thing in the morning since you've left. And, you know what? It's truly amazing to discover that every time I read a new entry in your blog, I learn something from you. You're dead right!!! What a blessing is to have you! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.