Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time flies.

Wow! A week has past. Surprisingly quickly! I can not get used to think that this is my home now. I feel like just travelling. I have not thought about the fact I will live here for whole year. There is something really interesting and it is that I feel like it would have past a very long time since my departure. I feel far away from home but I am not sad about that, I mean, I miss some things but it feels good, there is no sorrow, and that makes me strong and sure about what I am doing.
The uncomfortable situations have been disappearing and I feel more confident with my family and the Germans in general. I shared many amazing situations and I have been in contact with enough people to make myself sure the adaptation is in progress.
Karnival continues all the weekend long, so today I have another big party and I will dress myself like the other day again. I know now I won't feel ridiculous any more.
I kept on eating good food and during these days I have received more letters than in my whole life in my country. Here there are cards for everything, for morning transport, for afternoon transport, for trains only, for school students, for being part of the city... I have also received a number of identification in Germany... that number will last forever (as they told me) so since I got it I can say I am a bit more German and that feels good haha.
As many of you know, my family is made up of musicians, and all of them are very good in what they do. My brother can play the electric guitar amazingly and my father plays really good piano, I will ask him if I can film him performing and then I will show you what I am talking about. And as you can imagine, they have instruments, many instruments, guitars, recorders, an electric piano and yes... a grand piano!!! I am crazy about that. So, as a present, I give you a video of me performing an extract of the National Anthem in the grand piano, just to show you that I won't change my feelings for my country being here... In fact, being away helps you to appreciate the good things you have.



I think I had lots of incredibly amazing weeks in my life, but I have to say that this have been one of them, surely, and I can't wait for the next ones.
Hope you all can feel my bliss. Bye.

Santiago.

No comments: